Nouman Ali Khan
Nouman Ali Khan is an American Muslim speaker and Arabic instructor. He founded The Bayyinah Institute for Arabic and Qur’anic Studies, after serving as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College. He has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the world by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies center, Jordan.
- Early life
- See also
- External links
Khan was born in Germany to a Pakistani family. He spent his preschool years in the former East Berlin. His father then worked for the Pakistan Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Nouman Ali Khan attended the Pakistan Embassy school from grades 2 to 8. His father moved the family to New York when Khan was in his teens.
Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan is the author of two books
- Divine Speech: Exploring Quran As Literature, self-published by Bayyinah in 2016
- Revive Your Heart: Putting Life in Perspective, published by Kube Publishing in 2017.
He has also co-authored and self-published two Arabic textbooks for Bayyinah courses.
In September 2017, Nouman Ali Khan experienced accusations of inappropriate interactions with numerous women. These accusations were covered by major Pakistani and other newspapers, which also included Khan’s denials of wrongdoing. Later in December, a major US newspaper covered his Spiritual Abuse and silencing the victims through lawsuit or threatening calls to victims tactics. Khan stated that leaked text conversations between him and several women were “between consenting adults”. And that the women were, in any event, marriage prospects.
- “The Muslim 500: Nouman Khan”. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
- Flaccus, Gillian (2013-09-21). “Demand for U.S.-Born Imams Up in American Mosques”. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
- “The Muslim 500: Nouman Khan”.
- http://www.timeskuwait.com/Times_Nouman-Ali-Khan—The-Man–The-Mission-and-The-Media “The Man, The Mission and The Media”, The Times Kuwait, 17 February 2015.
- http://www.arabnews.com/news/445647 Sameen Tahir Khan, “Nouman Khan: The one-man Qur’an movement”, Arab News, 22 March 2013.
- Khan, Nouman Ali (2017-05-16). Revive Your Heart: Putting Life in Perspective. Place of publication not identified: Kube Publishing Ltd. ASIN 1847741010. ISBN 9781847741011.
- “Amazon.com: Nouman Khan: Books”. www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- Sohail, Rahima (23 September 2017). “Pakistani-American preacher alleged to have inappropriate relations with women”. The Express Tribune. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- “It’s time for Muslims to talk about sexual misconduct among our Islamic preachers”. DALLASNEWS (The Dallas Morning News). 8 December 2017. Retrieved 8 December2017.
- ” han urges for ‘theatre-free environment’ to investigate allegations against him”. DAWN. 24 September 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.