Senior Software Engineer
NorthBay is seeking Senior Software Engineer for multiple level positions with 2 to 5+ years of development and delivery experience with any of programming language including Java, C#, Perl, Python. Must have good Object Oriented programming skills, including strong design patterns knowledge. Familiarity with SQL and No-SQL databases. Knowledge of software best practices, like Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration. The senior software engineer is a creative individual who thinks out of the box and would like to work in a diverse technology environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences or related fields required from a renowned university.
- A ruthless commitment to testing the code you’ve written
- Extensive problem-solving skills
- An ability to communicate clearly regarding complex issues (in English)
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- C/C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Python or Perl
- Database (SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Postgres, RedShift etc)
- Consume APIs
- Source control using Git
- Data Warehouse
- Proficiency in the following technologies is desired but not mandatory:
- Amazon Web services, no-SQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynmoDB, HBase etc),
- Experience with Cloud Services (i.e. Amazon Web Service) if preferable.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Working knowledge of TDD methodology, and related technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to Big Data.
- Design, develop, document, and test software solutions.
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Learn continuously, leveraging NorthBay training resources and self-directed training, sharing knowledge and skills with others.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fuel expense reimbursement up to 200 liters
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Medical outpatient reimbursement & health insurance facility
- Opportunities to make a difference in a small, yet highly productive environment